At FWD Insurance Berhad, Registration No. 199301022976 (277714-A) ("FWD Insurance"), we are committed to provide services in a professional, efficient, innovative and ethical manner to existing and potential customers by-
- Responding to all customer enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner;
- Disseminating accurate and up to-date information; and
- Assisting customers courteously and understanding of customers’ requirements.
The above deliverables are achieved in accordance to our business values principles set out below:-
Reliability and Quality
We shall use our best efforts to provide credible, reliable, responsive and quality services to our customers as we believe that your satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. For these purposes, we endeavor to use all practicable methods in providing you with reliable and high-quality services which include constant review and evaluation of our processes.
We are committed to ensure that descriptions and details of products and services offered shall not be deceptive, misleading or false.
Safeguarding the Privacy of Your Information
We highly respect every customer’s right to privacy and security of personal information, as well as financial transactions handled by us. We employ the tightest possible measures and policies in our operations for the protection of your private data.
Furthermore, we have enhanced our client charter with the addition of 4 pillars set out as below for our guidelines:-
Pillar 1: Insurance made accessible
1.1 We will make insurance products easily accessible via various channels, physically and virtually, easing our customers in obtaining information, enquiry or to take-up or participate. For these purposes, the followings are adopted:-
- Customers are kept informed on the channels available for them to purchase products or make enquiries.
- Specifically, customers should have access to the following:
Channel availability may vary from time to time, and our customers will be informed accordingly.
1.2 We will actively seek feedback, suggestions or complaints on how we can serve our customers better
1.2.1 Commitment to enquiries and complaints.
We are dedicated in handling enquiries and complaints processes based on the following principles:-
- Acceptance – we recognise that we may not have met your expectations and will accept all complaints.
- Ownership – we are responsible for resolving your complaint. If we need to pass it to someone else due to the nature or complexity of the enquiry/complaint, we will inform you.
- Collection of information – we will confirm the details of your complaint and clarify if we are unsure.
- Treatment – we will ensure that you and your complaint are treated fairly.
- Commitment – we will follow-through on what we commit to doing.
- Timeliness – if we cannot resolve your complaint straight away, we will strive to resolve it within 14 days. For complaints which may take more time to resolve, we will keep you informed and update you of the progress and status of your case until it is resolved.
- Resolution – we aim to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution to all complaints.
1.2.2 Details of your enquiries/complaints.
In order to resolve your complaint, please furnish us with the following information:-
- Account Information - your name, policy number and identification number.
- Contact Details - your mobile phone number or other preferred method of contact (house number, alternate mobile phone number, email, etc). If you wish to be called only during certain hours, please let us know.
- Complaint Information - what your complaint is about, what happened, when it happened and who were involved. If you have evidence to support your complaint, please provide us as well.
You may submit your complaint to us through the following channels:-59200 Kuala Lumpur,
- Visit our corporate website: www.fwd.com.my/insurance
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by calling our Call Centre Hotline: 1300 22 6262
- by letter:-
FWD Insurance Berhad
Customer Services Level G, Mercu 2,
No. 3, Jalan Bangsar, KL Eco City,
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1.2.3 Recording of Complaints
We shall, at all times, ensure that all complaints received are recorded in a register and a reference number is allocated to each complaint. A complaint file is opened for documentation of records and work done on each case. In addition, the status and progress of each complaint is kept in the system for easy monitoring, tracking, retrieval and analysis. We will also conduct periodic customer satisfaction feedback/surveys to ensure that customers’ needs are fulfilled.
1.2.4 Complaint Appeal
Should you dispute any decision of ours, you may refer the matter to any of the following:-
Pillar 2: Know your customer
2.1 We will strive to help customers find the right product to suit their needs
- We will ensure our frontline staff are knowledgeable and ethical in serving our customers.
- Trainings are provided to staff regularly for-
- New products.
- Refresher course on existing products.
- Understanding Customers’ Needs
- In order to understand the customers’ profile adequately, we shall:-
- Listen attentively to the customers.
- Acknowledge and properly understand the customers’ needs and preferences.
- Ask for requisite information and documents to advise the customers accordingly and in accordance with the Industry’s Code of Practice on the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
- Offer options of suitable products and services to meet the customers’ needs and wants.
- Any options provided to customers shall be explained and on an “opt-in-basis”, e.g. riders, sharing/using customer information for marketing and research purposes.
Note: Handling of customer information is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia’s Policy Document on Management of Customer Information and Permitted Disclosures and Insurance Operators shall operate accordingly.
Pillar 3: Timely, transparent & efficient service
3.1 We set clear responsibilities towards customers and uphold it
We are driven by excellence in customer service and aim to provide all our customers with first class services. We shall therefore promptly respond to all your communications as per our service level set out below:
- Standards to be adopted
- Serve Walk-in Customer Promptly
- Customer Waiting Time: Within 10 minutes
- Telephone enquiries to our Call Centre at 1300 22 6262
- answer call within 3 rings
- enquiries will be responded at the point of contact or within 3 working days (if the enquiry requires some reference to other departments)
- A holding reply of the complaint will be given by FWD Insurance via email or phone call within 2 days from the date of receipt
- All complaints will be responded with a resolution (if possible) within 14 days from the notification date
- In the event a feedback requires further investigation, you will receive an acknowledgment from us within 14 days stating the reason of the delay and we shall provide the final resolution within 30 days
- If we are unable to provide a resolution to your feedback within 30 days (due to the need to obtain material information or document from a 3rd party), you will receive the status update of the progress on a monthly basis. Upon receiving the required information or document, a resolution will be given within 14 days
3.2 We set clear expectation on time taken for various services
3.2.1 Policy Processing
- Transaction Turnaround Time (from receipt of full documentation, information and payment of contribution): -
- Policy Issuance (receipt of all the relevant documentation and full premium)
- New and Existing Customer: -
- New and existing customer – within eight (8) working days.
- Change of policy account details (endorsement):
- Policy Changes (Non-financial): within 3 working days (receipt of all the relevant documentation)
- Policy Changes (Financial):
- Standard cases - within 5 working days (receipt of all the relevant documentation).
- Non-Standard cases – within 10 working days (receipt of all the relevant documentation)
- Reinstatement: within 10 working days (receipt of all the relevant documentation and full premium)
- Cancellation/surrendering of policy: 10 working days of policy issuance
- Issuance of medical/hospitalization card for individual – within seven (7) working days of policy issuance.
Note: The timelines above do not take into account on boarding process
3.3 We will be open and transparent in our dealings
3.3.1 Product Details
The following information shall be easily accessible and made available through the various channels of communication such a branches / brochures / call centers / social media / website:
- Product related details, i.e. product features, product disclosure sheets, terms and conditions, key facts and exclusions will be shared at the point of sale.
- Fees, charges (other than premium), and interest (if any) as well as obligations in the use of a product or service (e.g. when premium needs to be paid and explaining payment before cover warranty).
3.3.2 Cooling Off Period
You have the right to return the insurance policy within fifteen (15) days from the delivery of the policy to your address, if you find that the coverage under and/or the insurance policy do not suit your requirement. Please write to us to confirm your intention and we shall refund all premium paid after deducting any medical expenses, if any, incurred in accepting your proposal.
3.3.3 Terminating Your Policy to Enrol a New Policy
You would be at a disadvantage if you decide to lapse or surrender an existing policy in order to replace it with another policy (by the same or a different Operator). Some of the reason as below:-
The new policy fee charge is usually higher as it’s based on the current age.
You may be denied coverage if there are changes in your health condition.
In most medical and critical illness contracts, the waiting period (the duration when no claim is payable) restarts from the new policy issue date or reinstatement date, whichever is later.
Coverage may not be based on standard terms.
You may lose the accumulated participant fund throughout the participation term (if any).
You can meet your financial objectives by upgrading your protection coverage instead of replacing it. Exercise your right to keep your financial objectives on track and be wary of undue influence from any party to terminate your existing policy.
3.3.4 Anti-Fraud Statement
At FWD Insurance, we are committed to fraud control with an emphasis on proactive prevention, putting in place detection measures in our effort to reduce possibilities which could lead to fraud. Our approach to fraud control centers on maintaining a legal and ethical climate which encourages all stakeholders to protect the Company’s assets and raise any suspicion of fraud. We believe in zero tolerance to fraud. Thus, when a fraud is detected, suspected or alleged, we are committed to fully investigate the matter. We will work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure that justice is served and implement measures to recover as well as to minimise losses.
3.3.5 Key Points To Remember
We acknowledge that the relationship with you is built on a platform of mutual trust and respect. To strengthen the trust, we have included some key points which could help you in making decisions pertaining to your insurance.
Pillar 4: Fair, timely, & transparent claims settlement process
4.1 We have a clear timeline for the claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timelines and in a transparent manner.
- Customers will be informed of the estimated time taken for claims settlement process and expected service standard.
- This information will be made available through various channels (i.e. branches/brochure/call centers/social media/website)
- Customers shall be informed on the acknowledgement of their claim within 7 working days from receipt of claims notification.
- All claims notifications through agents must reach the insurers operator within 3 working days, except for crime related claims which should be notifies within 24 hours from time of loss.
- If documentation/information is incomplete, customers shall be informed within 14 working days from acknowledgement of the claim by the Claims Department.
- To state key claims procedure and assign timeless to it, i.e. appointment of adjuster, claims assessment, etc.
- Customers will be updated on the progress / decision every 14 working days.
- In the event of a catastrophe / disaster, e.g. a large number of claims may be received, as such meeting timelines stipulated may not be possible, the Insurance Operators will strive to update every 20 working days on the progress.
4.2 We will inform customers of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement / rejection is not to his/her satisfaction.
Customers shall be provided with these channels to appeal on a decision / raise disputes.
- Customer Service via
- Email to : email@example.com
- Write to
Level G, Mercu 2,
No. 3, Jalan Bangsar,
KL Eco City
59200 Kuala Lumpur,
- Ombudsman For Financial Services (OFS) via
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 603 2272 1577
- Write to:
Chief Executive Officer
Ombudsman for Financial Services
Level 14, Main Block, Menara Takaful Malaysia,
No. 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman, 50000 Kuala Lumpur
Any letter of rejection/repudiation of any element of a claim and dispute on quantum which is within the purview of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme must contain the following statement prominently:-
“Any person who is dissatisfied with our decision may refer to us for an appeal or to the Ombudsman For Financial Services.”
(Note: for the policy owners who made a claim/report)