FWD Takaful Berhad (“FWD Takaful”) has launched FWD Big 3 Critical Illness, a simple and consumer-friendly online product that provides coverage against cancer, heart attack or stroke. To meet the fundamental life protection needs, this regular contribution plan offers up to RM20,000 death benefit, with options to enhance the plan via the neurological and heart disorders benefit rider.
There is a lack of coverage among Malaysians for critical illnesses even though they’re the top three death causes, specifically cancer, stroke and heart attack. These three critical illnesses also make up 85%of critical illness claims. Furthermore, only 6.15%2 of Takaful certificates issued online were from the critical illness category.
Salim Majid Zain, FWD Takaful’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “Sedentary lifestyles have exposed Malaysians to a higher risk of lifestyle diseases and chronic conditions. We created FWD Big 3 Critical Illness to help customers seek early treatment for a better chance of recovery and allow them to cope with unexpected changes in their life, both financially and emotionally.”
FWD Big 3 Critical Illness covers individuals from 17 years old up to 75 years old with a sum covered of up to RM250,000. Customers will receive a 100% pay-out upon diagnosis of the covered critical illnesses including neurological and heart disorders if this additional benefit is opted. This additional coverage will pay out a benefit in the event the person covered suffers from any of the 24 covered conditions, such as the need for a cardiac pacemaker insertion or bacterial meningitis infection.
Wan Ahmad Najib Wan Ahmad Lotfi, FWD Takaful’s Chief Strategy and Digital Distribution Officer,said, “FWD Big 3 Critical Illness is designed to strike a balance between sufficient coverage and affordability as we understand the considerable financial impact from treatment costs of cancer, heart attack and stroke.This planoffers early-stage protection against these three most commonly claimed critical illnesses.”
The key features of FWD Big 3 Critical Illness are:
- Cancer, Stroke and Heart Attack – FWD Takaful will pay the sum covered or total contributions, whichever is higher, if the person covered is diagnosed with any of the three critical illnesses.
- Death – FWD Takaful will pay RM20,000 if the person covered dies due to any causes.
- Enhanced coverage with Neurological and Heart Disorder benefit – FWD Takaful will pay 100% sum covered should you suffer from or require procedures from any of the 24 covered neurological and heart conditions that affect your brain (11 conditions) or heart (13 conditions) function.
To find out more about FWD Big 3 Critical Illness and its benefits, please visit fwd.com.my/direct/big-3-critical-illness. Alternatively, call 1300 13 7988 or email email@example.com for more information.
- FWD Takaful claims record, as at December 2020
- Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA) Annual Report 2019