Kuala Lumpur, 19 August 2022 – FWD Takaful Berhad (“FWD Takaful”) introduces FWD Life First, combining multiple coverage and savings features into one single plan. FWD Life First provides benefits in the event of loss of life or total permanent disability (TPD) due to natural, accidental, and mosquito-borne disease causes. The plan also provides coverage against infectious diseases and compassionate care for customers if their family members die due to an accident. In addition, customers can receive their total account value in the Participants’ Savings Account (PSA) upon certificate maturity.
Wan Mohd Fadhlan Wan Azmi, FWD Takaful’s Chief Agency Officer, said, “At FWD Takaful, we constantly review our products as we try to meet the evolving needs of our customers. Our takaful plans aim to provide protection and support to Malaysians across various life events including illnesses, accidents, and death. With FWD Life First, we’ve expanded the coverage to include the families of our customers with additional financial support upon death.”
With FWD Life First, customers are covered with the following benefits:
- Death or TPD due to natural causes: 100% of the sum covered and the account value in PSA.
- Multiple indemnity upon death or TPD due to accidental causes: up to 500% of the sum covered and the account value in PSA.
- Mosquito-borne diseases: 200% of the sum covered and the account value in PSA upon death.
- Infectious diseases: a cash relief of RM5,000 upon the first diagnosis of the covered diseases and hospitalisation for five or more consecutive days.
- Family compassionate care: RM15,000 per family member in case of accidental death, up to six family members.
- Certificate maturity: total account value in PSA.
FWD Life First also provides the following additional support to customers or their family:
- Badal Hajj support for Muslims or a lump sum benefit of RM2,000 for non-Muslims.
- Grief counselling up to 10 sessions, maximum payable of RM2,000.
- Legal advice service up to three sessions, maximum payable of RM2,000.
To find out more about FWD Life First and its benefits, visit fwd.com.my/products/loss-of-life/fwd-life-first or contact any FWD Takaful’s authorised agent. Alternatively, call 1300 13 7988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.