Kuala Lumpur, 25 January 2021 – FWD Takaful Berhad (“FWD Takaful”) today announced the launch of FWD Income First, its latest family takaful plan that combines savings and protection within one plan. FWD Income First offers an annual Guaranteed Cash Payment (GCP) benefit to help customers meet their financial goals. This plan also provides coverage in the event of a loss of life or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) against unfortunate circumstances.
Salim Majid Zain, FWD Takaful’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “In today’s uncertain financial climate, it’s more important than ever to ensure we’re making adequate provisions for our future. Our vision is to change the way people feel about takaful. As such, we’ve developed a more comprehensive takaful plan that not only provides protection but also financial growth to create long-term financial security. FWD Income First provides a regular income stream through guaranteed cash pay-out annually, allowing customers to meet their financial goals at different stages of their lives.”
FWD Income First offers cash pay-outs starting from the beginning of the second certificate year and allows customers the flexibility to choose from contribution payment terms of either 5, 10 or 20 years and coverage terms of either 20 or 30 years to best suit their financial plans and lifestyle needs.
Wan Mohd Fadhlan Wan Azmi, FWD Takaful’s Chief Agency Officer, added, “We endeavour to give our customers the best value through our unique customer-led approach, providing beneficial Takaful solutions to support their financial aspirations. FWD Income First empowers customers to receive the pay-out as well as guaranteed maturity benefits. We encourage all Malaysians who are keen to enhance their savings and get protected at the same time to speak to our dedicated agents on how our new plan can best fit into their financial planning strategy.”
Other benefits and details of this plan include:
- GCP pay-out of up to 60% of the annualised contribution starting from the second certificate year. Customers can opt to either deposit the GCP into their bank account or let it accumulate in their Participants’ Savings Account (PSA);
- Guaranteed maturity benefit of up to 820% of the annualised contribution or PSA value, whichever is higher, upon maturity of the certificate;
- Up to 110% of the sum covered or PSA value, whichever is higher, in the event of a loss of life or TPD due to natural causes;
- Up to 220% of the sum covered or PSA value, whichever is higher, in the event of a loss of life or TPD due to accidental causes;
- Additional death benefit of RM10,000 to help ease the family’s burden to pay for funeral expenses.